In honor of Chanukah (a happy one to all who celebrate), here are eight easy ways to stay healthy:
- Park further away: You will burn a few more calories, and save yourself the frustration of circling for a space.
- Shop locally: You will save gas, help the local economy and get some fresh air.
- Drink one glass of water before each meal: You will eat less and stay hydrated.
- Share a fun activity after a big meal: If you can’t convince everyone to go for a walk, suggest flag football, ice skating or turn on the music and dance.
- Choose a slinky dress or snug pants: Your clothes will tell you when you have eaten enough.
- Limit alcohol consumption: You will avoid empty calories and the reduction in willpower.
- Chew gum while cooking: It will be harder to consume extra “tasting” calories.
- Do just ten minutes of exercise: Even ten minutes can burn a few calories and help keep blood pressure and blood sugar in check.