How are those resolutions doing? It is not too late to start anew. However, instead of sweeping resolutions that you are unlikely to fulfill, scale it down to ensure success.
Start small; it takes about six weeks for a new habit to form.
Here are some suggestions for easy changes to make:
- Drink a glass of water before every meal.
- Get up every 15 minutes while at work.
- Stand up and walk while you are on the phone.
- Park at the furthest spot from your destination.
- Keep your workout clothes out and ready.
- Write your workout schedule into your daily planner.
- Turn off the computer one hour before bed.
- Use an app to keep track of your food and exercise. (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ is a good one).
- Eat with your non dominant hand.
- Give up one soda per day.
- Eat off a smaller plate.
Aim for one small change every six weeks, success will keep you motivated. By years end you will feel and look better than ever.