Pages

May 13, 2012

Inspirational Mom


At age 84 my mom is still working, and in great shape mentally and physically.  You can chalk some of it up to healthy eating and good genes, but I know she will agree that exercise has a great deal to do with it.  She works out at least three days a week and in fact was the star of her fitness class this week: After finishing a difficult move, her instructor announced to the class that my mom was the only one to complete it at the hardest level (and it was NOT a class for seniors). 
I tell you this hoping she will inspire those of you too tired or unmotivated to exercise.  On this Mother’s Day I realize how lucky I am.  Think of fitness as a gift to yourself and to your children.  Exercise will help you live longer, and make those years more comfortable both mentally and physically.  Some day your kids may even thank you for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment